What plumbing services are offered in the city of Markham?
Anyone who owns a home or rental property, will tell you that at some point you will be faced with maintenance issues of varying degrees of difficulty. Depending on your level of mechanical aptitude, some will be within your scope and others will require bringing in a professional in the Markham area like Waterman. Typical jobs that should not be overwhelming for the average homeowner might include painting, laying tile, simple wiring or very basic plumbing. It should be noted that the homeowner should tread lightly with the latter category as the delicate touch of a master plumber cannot be easily duplicated. To be honest, anything other than the most topical of plumbing matters should be handled by an experienced plumber to avoid additional damage or inferior repairs.
Services that homeowners in Markham can expect to have performed by plumbers in the area would include the following:
- General Services – These would include issues with water as well, like pressure problems, water softening and updating supply lines. General plumbing can range from a leaky faucet to a damage sewer line underground.
- Backed Up Sewers – Pros in the area can resolve your sewer backups and inspect them to find the source of the problem. Should a root or a crushed pipe be discovered, most plumbers can excavate and section it pretty quickly to get you up and running again. Many can also set up regular service calls for your pipe maintenance and treatment to ensure you do not encounter a nasty surprise floating in your bathroom.
- Waterproofing – Waterproofing your basement is of the utmost importance and can be the difference between using your basement on a regular basis or making it only a spot of storage. Professional plumbers in the Markham area can come in and seal your foundation walls and floors while performing moisture and humidity tests to determine where the source of your moisture is coming from and get rid of it.
- Drain Maintenance and Repair – Expert plumbers like Waterman have hi-tech cameras and other tools get into your drains to find blockages and problem areas so they can be treated before becoming a major headache. Many also offer service plans to keep your drains running smoothly with no problems.
- Basement Lowering – This would be on the more expensive and detailed scale of projects for your plumber, but many in the Markham area up to the task. The job entails breaking up the existing foundation and excavating to a desired depth, then underpinning, waterproofing and pouring a new slab. Sounds difficult, but experienced plumbers can handle this job with minimal distraction to the homeowners.
There are others services that plumbers in Markham provide but these are generally the ones most all can handle. Professionally trained plumbers like those at Waterman will listen to your concerns and take the least invasive steps to begin investigating the source of your problem before moving on to more complex methods of rooting out the issue. Unless you are planning a major renovation like lowering your basement floor, most plumbing jobs can be resolved in a day or two at the most – it just depends in the amount of labour required to get to the problem.
I called several plumbing/drain companies for an estimate to unclogg my bathtub drain and Jim was the most reasonable in price. I found Jim to be very punctual, quick and efficient. I also had Jim quote on two much larger drain jobs, he took the time to professionally explain the scope of work needed with diagrams and gave a fair price.
The owner, Jim, was recommended to us by a friend who had a damaged (roots) sewer line, as we did, and used his services. We have nothing but good things to say about Jim and his crew. From the onset Jim was prompt, straight forward and very transparent about options.
Recent Posts From The Blog
Waterman Plumbing Toronto – Best of TrustedPros Award 2015December 14, 2015
Winter Plumbing Safety Tips for HomeownersDecember 14, 2015
Tub Drain Removal OverviewDecember 14, 2015
Why It’s So Important to Have a Sump Pump as Part of Your Home Plumbing SystemDecember 14, 2015
Preparing for Trenchless Sewer Line ReplacementDecember 14, 2015
A Basic Guide to Hot Water Heater TroubleshootingDecember 14, 2015
Choosing and Maintaining the Right Machine for Drain Cleaning ReplacementDecember 14, 2015
How to Remove an Old Style Tub Drain and Replace It with Lift and Turn StopperDecember 14, 2015
Tips for Preventing Common Winter Plumbing ProblemsDecember 14, 2015
Request a Quote
Contact Us for Drain Installation in Toronto and Other Plumbing Projects.
24/7 Emergency Service Available!